9 top tips for teaching children at home
9 top tips for teaching children at home – Children need proper attention and good support of parents towards their studies. It is very important that a kid must study at home also after school to do better in academics. Most kids are less interested towards studying after school which makes them forget what they have learned the current day. This gets build up and becomes a burden at the exam times. This can result in failure or bad grades at the end of the session. Hence, parents must take time out and teach their kids for some time on daily basis. This can make the education easy for the kid. If he or she has generated interest during initial years towards study then the way to success becomes easy in the future. Here are some tips mentioned below that help you teaching your kid at homeRead More
- Talk to teachers: Attend meeting and events of your child’s school and talk to their teachers about his or her performance in the class. This will help you to make a plan of teaching at home.
- Setup study-friendly area: Make sure to make the study room of the kid away from the disturbances where he can focus more on studies. Make all the required items like pencil, eraser, sharpener, notebooks available there.
- Schedule a time: It will be better if you fix hours for study. And make sure to teach him in this duration whatsoever. This will make the mind up for your kid and you will face less problems in teaching him.
- Make a plan: It is better to have a plan for teaching. You can start with homework and end up by making him learn lessons of some subjects. You can also give him a break or two in between to relax.
- Keep your attention on the kid: Teaching a kid is hard, even parents can easily get distracted which makes the kid to have fun during study. This will only elongate the time period of teaching. Hence, you must also pay full attention to your kid as you want him to pay on study.
- Make sure they work on their own: You need to work as a guide not as assistance. Make the kid do all the work on his own. You can explain how to do it but don’t do anything for him.
- Be a motivator: You need to encourage your kid to do better by comparing him to his friends or some other way. This can make him work hard.
- Praise his work: Praise him if he has received good grades. You can talk about his achievement work with your relatives and friends to motivate your kid.
- Know the problems: If your kid is finding study hard then ask the reason for it. He might need some medical concern, also, ask the teachers for it. Try to resolve the problem as soon as possible.