Month: April 2020
9 top tips for teaching children at home – Children need proper attention and good support of parents towards their studies. It is very important that a kid must study at home also after school to do better in academics. Most kids are less interested towards studying after school which makes them forget what they have learned the current day. This gets build up and becomes a burden at the exam times. This can result in failure or bad grades at the end of the session. Hence, parents must take time out and teach their kids for some time on daily basis. This can make the education easy for the kid. If he or she has generated interest during initial years towards study then the way to success becomes easy in the future. Here are some tips mentioned below that help you teaching your kid at homeRead More
- Talk to teachers: Attend meeting and events of your child’s school and talk to their teachers about his or her performance in the class. This will help you to make a plan of teaching at home.
- Setup study-friendly area: Make sure to make the study room of the kid away from the disturbances where he can focus more on studies. Make all the required items like pencil, eraser, sharpener, notebooks available there.
- Schedule a time: It will be better if you fix hours for study. And make sure to teach him in this duration whatsoever. This will make the mind up for your kid and you will face less problems in teaching him.
- Make a plan: It is better to have a plan for teaching. You can start with homework and end up by making him learn lessons of some subjects. You can also give him a break or two in between to relax.
- Keep your attention on the kid: Teaching a kid is hard, even parents can easily get distracted which makes the kid to have fun during study. This will only elongate the time period of teaching. Hence, you must also pay full attention to your kid as you want him to pay on study.
- Make sure they work on their own: You need to work as a guide not as assistance. Make the kid do all the work on his own. You can explain how to do it but don’t do anything for him.
- Be a motivator: You need to encourage your kid to do better by comparing him to his friends or some other way. This can make him work hard.
- Praise his work: Praise him if he has received good grades. You can talk about his achievement work with your relatives and friends to motivate your kid.
- Know the problems: If your kid is finding study hard then ask the reason for it. He might need some medical concern, also, ask the teachers for it. Try to resolve the problem as soon as possible.
How to look after your mental health when working from home? In the present time, most of the employees are asked to work from home keeping the spread of corona in mind. It is challenging for the employees to work in such an environment. Well, those who freelance have an environment already set up for it and they are used to work like that. You can have some tips from them if you know one.Read More
Avoid too much news of Virus
Everybody is concerned about the status of Coronavirus in their state so the biggest distraction here becomes is the news. Whether it is TV media or online news portals, all are running COVID-19 news day and night which is making people more and more anxious of the situation. It affects the working also. So, what you can do first is to avoid COVID-19 news. Turn off the notification, uninstall the apps and ignore TVs. Check news only once or twice a day to stay updated with the situation. Doing this can help you in concentrating towards your job. Also, ignore the fluff and fraud content related to the lockdown on social media. It also increases the anxiety.
Get used to software
Get familiar with the software which is used for conferencing by your company. There are online guides and tips available for almost all of them. Try not to talk about virus or current situation while working on conference. Have particular groups made for the teams on different social medial platforms. Try to teach your colleague about the software if he is unaware of it. Try to answer every message that you receive from work. This will show that you are concerned about the company and doing your job.
Working from home is no doubt very challenging. There are several disturbances and distractions in the environment there. This is why it is better to make a routine of working. Fix your working and let everybody know of it so that they must not disturb you while working. Make the quietest place of your home as the working area. Take breaks whenever you feel like but not too much that you are not able to complete the daily target. Try to work in official clothing so that you don’t lose the feel of office and also working in pajamas will evoke the feeling of home and make you a sleepy head.
Practicing yoga and meditation is also one of the best ways to deal with the situation and maintain your mental health.